If you are an author who would like to offer the WPLC your digital book through OverDrive (https://wplc.overdrive.com/):
- OverDrive has a threshold of authors having 10-15 titles under their belt before they can be represented in their catalog. If that's the case, you can use this publisher application form: http://contentreserve.com/publisherapplication.asp
- For authors with fewer books, OverDrive suggests working with an aggregator such as Independent Publishers Group. Aggregators represent authors with one or two titles and have a large enough catalog collectively that can be picked up by OverDrive. Here is OverDrive's article on getting authors' works ready from a technical standpoint for electronic distribution: http://www.overdrive.com/files/intro-to-digital-distribution.pdf.
- We cannot add an electronic book given to us from an author to the OverDrive collection unless we add them through a service called Local Contet. This would be anything locally produced that you own the digital right to or can sign off on. It's free, and the book would be available to all the OverDrive customers in the United States for free.
If you are an author who would like to offer the WPLC your digital book through BiblioBoard Library (https://library.biblioboard.com/):
- With the SELF-e program, authors can submit their ebook to SELF-e to have it showcased in the Indie Wisconsin Statewide Collection while retaining all rights to their work. Readers across the state can discover their work with the potential for national exposure. Read more about how to submit your book to SELF-e.
- Through the Wisconsin Author Project, libraries are helping local authors get the recognition they deserve for writing great books. The contest is typically open April through June.
- Design your own books, newsletters, poetry, novels, and any other written content in digital and print ready formats using Pressbooks.
Pressbooks, the Wisconsin Author Project, SELF-e, and BiblioBoard Library are all made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services