Submitted by clark on
A good resource about Libby and the OverDrive App being sunsetted can be found here: https://resources.overdrive.com/libby-faqs/
Some notable things:
- Kindle user concerns: There is not a timeline to pull the OverDrive app from the Amazon App Store. However, users can always stream ebooks and audiobooks from their Kindle browser from libbyapp.com. From the libbyapp.com, they can also deliver Kindle Books to a Fire tablet.
- It is OverDrive’s goal to have all OverDrive app users migrated over to Libby by the end of 2022.
- By the end of 2021 OverDrive has the goal of adding the following accessibility items to Libby:
- Conforming with WCAG 2.1 Level AA Success Criteria to the greatest extent possible
- Comprehensive screen reader support
- Design refinements and simplification for all
- Text-to-speech in ebooks while using a screen reader
- Ability to disable haptics
- Reducing font variation
- Configurable orientation
- OverDrive is currently developing a solution to make PDF-only titles also available in OverDrive Read so that Libby users will be able to access them in the app.